Everyone thinks of time as money, that is why most of the people try to get all their sleep during a specified period of length so that they don’t make any of their time. However, their approach couldn’t be more wrong because studies have shown that getting short power naps is better than stretching all of your sleep for a single time.
Benefits of power naps:
If a person is tired, he will get annoyed and wouldn’t want to do anything else than rest. Even if he tries to get some work done he wouldn’t be able to do it, this is because regular rest is essential for our body. Nowadays, due to our busy routines, we try to squeeze all our sleep for the night time and no matter how tired we are during the day we keep trying to get our work done.
In order to let you people know how wrong such a way of life is and how important it is to get power naps, we have gathered some of its benefits.
- It is better to work when you are well-rested. You will be able to focus and get your job done more quickly and efficiently.
- Short nops bring down your danger of coronary failure and stroke.
- Power naps can build your capacity to think and assist you with recollecting things better.
- A brief break as a rest causes you to unwind and reduce your anxiety.
The right manner of taking a power nap:
An ideal power nap should last no longer than 20 minutes. In order you get more sleep, then you will enter a deeper sleep mode which will make you cranky in case you don’t complete your sleep cycle.
For a good power nap, follow the following instructions:
- Pick the perfect time: A rest in the late morning or in the early evening can give you increased levels of energy but if you decide to take a nap in the evenings, then it will affect your night sleep so it is not recommended.
- Drink an espresso before you sleep: Because it takes 20 minutes for your body to feel the impact of the coffee so it’s okay to have caffeine right before you take a nap. This way you will be able to wake up more refreshed.
- Drink water right after waking up: People at times wake up feeling more drained than they did feel before sleeping. That is why it is recommended to make yourself feel fresh by immediately having a glass of water.
- Make room for yourself: if you want to take a power nap at home, then obviously there is no problem, but in case you are at work or any other place then it is up to you how you take care of things. You can use a common room at your workplace to get some rest in case it is not available then you all you need to do is recline your chair a little and have your 20 minutes of sleep.